THE ROLE: Performance Marketing Specialist
Workspace: This role can be based remotely, in our Richmond, BC office, or a combination of both!
Smash + Tess is looking for a Performance Marketing Specialist to join our fast-paced and dynamic team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will be responsible for developing and executing winning performance marketing strategies across our paid, email and SMS channels—incorporating creative ideas and identifying new growth opportunities. The Specialist must be able to collaborate with multiple internal teams and external agencies to help bring brand story-telling to life and flawlessly execute all product launches and campaigns on our paid and owned channels. This person is someone who is comfortable operating at a strategic level (using data and analytics to generate opportunities for growth) and at a tactical level (executing the day-to-day).
- Lead digital strategy for deploying marketing campaigns across paid, email and SMS channels
- Execute and identify opportunities to optimize S+T’s email + SMS marketing including campaigns and automatic flows
- Partner with agency to develop and execute winning digital marketing strategies through consistent testing, reporting, and optimization
- Identify and implement opportunities for customer acquisition through new channel exploration and segmentation
- Co-lead the planning and execution of product drops, campaigns, shops/edits, promotions and user-experience improvements for the eCommerce website
- Execute post-mortem analytical reports and weekly dashboards; leverage customer insights, analytics and reports to generate insights/new opportunities for growth to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and agencies
- Using data-driven insights, coach cross-functional teams on online best practices and partner with them to identify areas of opportunity to optimize marketing campaigns
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Product Development, Operations and our eCommerce Agency to create clear alignment and ensure end-to-end implementation of digital activity, while maintaining a customer-first mindset
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in a Digital Marketing role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, and/or relevant field of study
- Experience working with Klaviyo to develop, deploy and optimize email + SMS campaigns and flows
- Experience managing media budgets and executing paid campaigns on Meta, Google, Pinterest, and TikTok to meet business goals
- Experience with Google Analytics, Triple Whale or other reporting platforms. Confidently able to analyze large amounts of data and create dashboards
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Highly analytical and can set up dashboards and measure your work with ease. Comfortable digesting data and reporting on insights and KPIs
- Superior written and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We are Vancouver-designed, North American made, and globally inspired. Our belief in slowing down the fashion cycle led us to make clothing on demand and with a clear purpose – to delight our #smashtessfam. Our best-selling Romper fabric is a sustainable rayon from bamboo and cotton blend, and although it costs more for us to use it, it’s proven to stand the test of time and retain its shape and softness when treated well. We produce in our own backyard under our watchful eyes to ensure that our clothing is made in the very best working conditions by skilled and talented seamsters.
Smash + Tess was founded by a mother-daughter-bestie trio, dedicated to creating “everywear” to take you from the sheets to the streets… and beyond! Disrupting the fashion industry with chic and cozy clothing, Smash + Tess has a cult-like following from celebrities, influencers, and everyday women, because aside from our seriously cute designs, we’ve created a community that celebrates comfortability and style! We exist to make our customers lives easy- because life can be complicated and life can be hard… but deciding what to wear doesn’t need to be!
WORKING AT SMASH + TESS:
We love Mondays! Some things you should know about what it’s like to be on the Smash + Tess rocket ship:
- We are a team of collaborative, creative, authentic, and highly effective people. Together we are launching the #romperrevolution!
- We get big things done at an extraordinary pace, while making space for joy, friendship, and fun.
- The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and kicking at Smash + Tess -- we move forward boldly. We believe in giving people a big job that they love, and empowering them to lead and own the area they’re responsible for.
- We thrive in a working culture where collaboration is queen. It’s important to us that each team member’s voice is heard and valued. We solve problems creatively as a team, and celebrate each other’s impact.
If this role is calling your name, we look forward to hearing from you!
Smash + Tess warmly welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and groups. We are committed to a culture of creative collaboration that celebrates diverse perspectives and voices.
Pay transparency is an important topic for us. At this time we’re performing a full total compensation review across our organization. We're prioritizing establishing and communicating a fair and equitable salary structure and review process, so we can speak to all our compensation conversations thoughtfully, both internally and externally. If you are contacted about your application to this role, we commit to having an open and transparent conversation about pay in our first meeting with you.
Smash + Tess was founded in a region south of the Fraser River which overlaps with the unceded, traditional, and ancestral lands of the Kwantlen, Musqueam, Katzie, Semiahmoo, Tsawwassen, Qayqayt and Kwikwetlem peoples. We acknowledge and express deep gratitude to these peoples, on whose territory Smash + Tess operates, benefits, and flourishes.